Charcoal is super soft and easily blendable so it can be used in a number of ways to create wonderful effects. This set contains a variety of 24 pieces to get you started with charcoal drawing plus an A4 charcoal pad.
Working with a variety of tones (and by spreading, blending and erasing), this set will allow you to create tone, contrast, depth, smooth transitions and highlights using charcoal.
Neatly presented in a portable gift tin for easy access and safe storage.
- 6 Compressed charcoal sticks (2 soft, 2 medium & 2 hard)
- 4 Vine charcoal sticks (for quick, light-handed drawing)
- 3 Pencil-shaped compressed charcoal sticks (soft, medium & hard)
- 3 Hexagonal, wood-filled pencils (soft, medium & hard)
- 3 Blending stumps (for blending and smearing)
- 2 White charcoal sticks (for creating highlights)
- 1 Sanding block (to create smooth transitions & ‘smokey’ effects)
- 1 Metal sharpener
- 1 Kneaded eraser
- 1 Charcoal Drawing Pad (A4) – 30 lightly textured, soft-white sheets; 150 gsm, A4 size – 210 x 297m