Paint By Numbers Guide: 9 Steps to Creating Your Masterpiece Table of Contents Welcome to the world of paint by numbers! This fun and
Toy Story Shoes using Paint pens
Table of Contents
fun for everyone
Customising shoes is a great way to either up cycle old shoes or create one off pieces of wearable art.
Create your own by following these easy steps.
1. Preparation is key.
Firstly make sure the shoes are completely clean and dry. Hot soapy water is perfect for cleaning new shoes but if you are up cycling old shoes an cleaning fluid like CIF works extremely well.
2. Using a good strong masking tape.
Tape up any section of the shoes that you want to remain paint free/ un decorated.
TOP TIP remove the laces and stuff the front/toe section of the shoe with screwed up newspaper or a pair of rolled up socks. This will make it easier to hold the shoe when decorating.
3. Using the yellow 2.5mm paint pen
Colour in the tongue section of the shoe, using the stitching as a guide to create an outline or boarder. Carry on the yellow colouring all the way down to the tip of the toe section of the shoe all the way to the line of masking tape.
4. Next using the red 2.5mm pen
Colour in the heal section of the shoe, again using the stitching as a guide to shape the heal.
5. When you have finished the heal move onto the next section using the 1.5mm blue paint pen, add the blue section around the eyelet section of the shoe.
6. The next section to do is the black details on the side of the shoe.
7. Now the other sections
The shoes would have started to dry so now some layering of colours is possible. Start with the toe section, using a penny draw out two circles for the buttons and using a ruler draw out the lines creating a checked effect over the yellow tongue area of the shoe. Do this using a HB pencil first then go over the top using the 1.5mm red paint pen.
8. Once done using the 2.5mm silver pen colour in the buttons.
9. Now for the finer details
Using the 1.5mm white and black pens. Firstly the black to add dots over the red heal section of the shoe. Then using the white pen add the white details, 4 white petal shapes in a cross shape around the black dot. This will create a bandana style print effect.
10. Next add detail to the silver buttons. Using the 1.5mm black pen add 4 dots to the middle of the buttons. Then draw a outline to one half of the circle of the button. This will create a shadow giving the buttons a 3D effect.
Leave to dry. Remove the masking tape and Re-lace the shoes
There’s you have your very own customised cowboy inspired shoes. All achievable in 10 easy steps. Once dry the paint is permanent so there is no need to seal of fix them.
Remember its all about breaking down the process and making it simple using basic colours and shapes. Have confidence in your abilities and enjoy being creative with Zieler acrylic paint pens.
Watch the time-lapse video
An Introduction to Acrylic Paint & How to Get the Best From It Table of Contents Loved by artists and crafters all over the world,
Acrylic Varnish Spray: The Best Way to Protect Your Art Paintings Table of Contents As an artist, we know you have taken great time and